Tuesday, March 9, 2010

DeLightful Spring


I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the milky way,
They stretched in never ending line
Along the margin of a bay;
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

The waves beside them danced, but they
Out-did the sparkling waves in glee;
A poet could not but be gay
In such a jocud company!
I gazed– and gazed– but little thought,
What wealth the show to me had brought:

For oft, when on my couch I lie,
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye,
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.


William Wordsworth's words danced in my head as I awoke this morning. Spring is more deliciously seeping into the light we see and the air we breathe each and every moment. And as I look at the relentless pace of our lives, I feel the wisdom of gifting ourselves with wandering, even "lonely", in nature. (Central Park or any city park works wonders.) The freshness, newness and abundance of this precious season revitalizes and renews all our senses, to say nothing of our hearts and souls who long to revel in this joy, these new beginnings. Allowing ourselves to open to this beauty is truly the gift that keeps on giving, as we subsequently allow ourselves the luxury of silence and reverie to be ever-nourished by this soul food over and over again at our slightest whim. Relax-Receive-Renew. May Spring's Light bless all.